“….And Jesus grew in wisdom, and stature, and in favor with God and man.” -Luke 2:52
Sewell Mill is a great place for kids! Here you can read about the different programs available for your children:
Kindergarten through 5th Grade
At Sewell Mill your child will learn God’s truth through 2 types of settings; A large-group setting with high energy worship and live interactive skits, and a small-group setting for a more in-depth bible study. KIDZ TIME meets Sundays at 9:30 am, so come join us and have some fun!
Three basic truths are emphasized every week:
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
3 & 4 YEAR OLDS
Our goal is to teach your child that God loves them. Your child will be taught a bible event with hands on interactive items, crafts and music. Your child will be greeted by a trained volunteer who is waiting to love on your child and begin to teach your child about having faith in God.
INFANTS THROUGH 2 YEARS
Childcare is provided as you attend our Sunday School groups and worship. We have a paid staff of leaders that are waiting to love and nurture your babies.
AWANA is our kids club for children age 3 through 8th grade. Kids memorize scripture, earn awards, and work together. And did we mention Game Time? It’s a blast! AWANA meets during the school year on Sundays, 4:30-6:30PM, and takes the summers off. Look below to see our most recent news in the Children’s Ministry, and look at our Calendar page or SMBC News for information on events over the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions, please contact our children’s director, Jenny King!
Recent news from our Children’s department:
- VBS June 9-13 - Sewell Mill Baptist Church Invites Children to Roar VBS: Life is wild, God is good. A summer kids’ event called Roar VBS will be hosted at Sewell Mill Baptist Church from June 9-13 from 6:00pm – 9:00pm. At Roar, kids discover that God is good even when life get wild! Kids participate in memorable Bible-learning activities, sing [...]
- Spring Fling & Easter Egg Hunt - On Saturday, April 13 from 11am to 2pm, Sewell Mill Baptist Church, Sewell Mill Christian School & Richards Christian Academy of Sewell Mill will host our Annual Spring Fling & Easter Egg Hunt! The custom of the Easter egg originated with early Christians, who stained the eggs red in memory of the blood of Christ [...]
- 2018 Fall Festival & Trunk-or-Treat - Our annual Fall Festival is fun for the whole family! We provide a safe environment for families to enjoy a festival of fall activities! Includes a night of Trunk or Treat, games, candy, food, music, hayrides, roasting marshmallows and fellowship! Children trick-or-treat by going from car trunk to car trunk to get their bag filled [...]